Eggs on the Table: Longmont and Urban Hens, a public educational meeting, will be held from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 18 at the Longmont Public Library. Accompanied by experts in their fields, we'll clear up some misconceptions and educate about the many benefits to owning backyard hens. Whether you are pro-chicken or still on the fence, we hope you will join us. Children are welcome to attend with their parents.
Some of the speakers we are hoping to have in attendance* include:
- Dr. Mikki Hand, family physician
- Mark, farmer and chicken owner at Ollin Farms
- a representative from 4-H
- a child who owns backyard hens
- an expert on sustainable living
- a representative from Animal Control
*Subject to change
We will also have our petition to Longmont City Council available for signatures.
Hope you can join us for a fun evening!