I received this information from a few chicken folks up in Fort Collins and wanted to pass it along here in case anyone in Longmont (or elsewhere in Colorado) is interested.
The Rocky Mountain Sustainable Living Association is holding Backyard Chicken workshops scheduled throughout the year.
See their website for details:
Here is the workshop schedule:
- Intro to Poultry - Sun. Feb 22, 12 pm to 4 pm
- Poultry Facilities - Sun. March 15, 9 am to 5 pm
- Intro to Poultry - Sat. April 11, 9 am to 1 pm
- Poultry Facilities - Sun. May 10, 9 am to 5 pm
- Advanced Poultry - Thurs. June 11, 6 pm to 9 pm
In addition, Northern Colorado Feeders' Supply will be holding a COW (Chicken Owners' Workshop) on Friday, March 20th. Details will be posted on the Fort Collins chicken blog when they become available (http://fortcollins-urbanhens.